Visiting Fodele with Children: Top Five Things to Do
- Fodele Beach & Water Park Holiday Resort offers many activities to keep little explorers entertained. Children can splash around and enjoy the rides at the waterpark, or partake in fun activities at the Kids’ Club. With both indoor and outdoor play areas with games and amusements, as well a swimming pool, the club allows parents to relax while the children learn and play.
- Fun on the beach: the beach of Fodele is sandy and well organized, offering sun loungers, umbrellas, and excellent opportunities for watersports. Children can play safely. There are also several taverns on the beach, serving local fare, drinks, and refreshments.
- Diving in the Fodele Reef with “Stay Wet” diving center: this type of activity is only available for children aged eight or older.
- Visit the Snail Farm and Fun in Tylisos: it’s about 40 minutes drive from Fodele, but it’s well worth it. It’s not a touristy place, and children can learn a lot about snails, and play with other animals too (cats).
- Visit Reptisland in Melidoni. This is a small herpetarium where children can pet snakes and lizards. Don’t miss the Melidoni Cave when you are here, and then go for a cup of coffee at a local tavern.
Fodele is also close to Heraklion, where you will find plenty of attractions suitable for young minds, including the Natural History Museum of Crete with its giant dinosaurs, cinemas, and playgrounds.